Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I need a relationship coach?
Do you want to improve your relationship or your chance of the right relationship, but feel at a loss on how to make that happen? If you answer yes to any of these questions, relationship coaching can help:
In a relationship, do you…
- ﬁnd yourself feeling lonely even though you have a partner?
- feel you are not appreciated by your partner or that you donʼt appreciate them?
- know your partner loves you, yet you don’t feel loved by them?
- feel you and your partner have lost that spark?
- have a healthy relationship, but find yourself in a difficult situation with your partner that you don’t know how to get through?
- feel that your partner doesnʼt understand you?
- and your partner argue way too much?
- want to learn the basics of a healthy relationship?
Looking for the right person, do you…
- need to ﬁnd closure before searching for the next relationship?
- want to get back into the game after a relationship has ended without repeating the same mistakes?
- consistently end up in a relationship with the wrong one?
- wonder why you canʼt seem to make a relationship work?
Family relationships, do you…
- want to improve your relationship with your sibling, parent, child, cousin, aunt, etc.?
- want to rebuild your relationships with the relative(s) after not communicating with them for long time?
Work relationships, do you…
- want to improve your relationship with your co-workers, subordinates, superiors?
- want to create bridges of understanding and respect to all, no matter what religion, ethnic background, ﬁnancial standing, or beliefs one may have in your work place?
Relationship with yourself, do you…
- need self-conﬁdence?
- want to feel sexy?
- need to believe in yourself?
- want to feel in control of how you react or respond to what is going on in your life?
- need to forgive yourself?
Is coaching done over the phone or in person?
I can call you on your phone, we can Skype, or you can meet with me in my ofﬁce.
What kinds of people hire coaches?
All kinds of people hire coaches. Many of the most “successful” and high functioning people use coaching as a way to fine-tune their lives. I have coached male and female singles, married couples or individuals, people who want a healthy relationship with a relative, friend, or co-worker. I have also coached people who just wanted a healthy relationship with themselves, which, after all is the secret to a healthy relationship with anyone else.
Can I go for relationship coaching if my partner doesn’t want to join me?
Yes, absolutely. If you both are ready and desire to work on the relationship together, then having you both there would be great. However, if your partner is not ready to work with a coach, we can still make progress on your relationship with them.
What is the difference between coaching and counseling?
Relationship Coaching assumes that you are psychologically healthy. Coaching focuses on your goals – on the results you would like to see. Coaching is about taking action and every week my clients will see themselves getting closer and closer to their goals.
A counselor focuses on psychological disorders or on your past. If you know what to do, but you just can’t seem to do it – possibly self-sabotaging, then counseling may be right for you.
If you are ready to take action, but you just don’t know how to, coaching may be the right choice for you.
Can I get coaching if I’m already in marriage counseling?
Before deciding, I would need to speak with your counselor to see if there would be a conflict.
Can’t I just get a book or search the internet for answers?
Yes, BUT, although getting information from a book or the internet can be quite beneﬁcial, you will get a cookie cutter approach. I will work with you and personalize your program for your specific needs.Since each individual and couple is distinct, I help you to discover what you need to do to have or to find a better relationship. I will help you feel more in control and to discover your relationship patterns.
What is the fee structure?
My clients typically pay between $75 and $130 a session, depending on how long a commitment they make to working with me and whether they pay in advance or in installments.
Is coaching worth it?
Ask yourself this: At this time next year, how will you feel if you have not made the progress you are hoping for? Now, imagine how your life will be enriched when you do. The question is not “Is coaching worth it?” The questions is, “Are you worth it?”
Are there assignments or homework?
Yes. At the end of each session I will offer a personalized assignment which we will agree upon. The assignments are designed to assist you in taking action and to help you stay on track.